Friday, June 27, 2008

My Heart is Broken

We received this news today. I didn't think there were anymore tears to cry, guess I was wrong. I covet your prayers now for our family as we are grieving.

Eric Alexander, Consular Chief, met with officials in Phu Tho this week and reached an agreement that will enable the Service to finish adjudication of the pending Phu Tho cases that have been filed with this office. Officials of Phu Tho and Dr. Long stated that these would be the only cases completed and that the United States is still barred from adopting children in this province. Because of the banned imposed by the government of Vietnam, this office will not accept any new petitions from Phu Tho.

Regards,

Mary Ann Russell

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I'm sitting here in tears, I don't know what to say, and there is nothing that I can say that will comfort you guys, except, TRUST HIM.
I will be praying for you guys.

Love
Bettina

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of any wiser counsel than that already given by Bettina. We are praying for you all.
Love, Anne

Karen said...

Heather,

You know I am thinking of you tonight, and grieving with you.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it ended this way. I'm praying for you tonight.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Heather-

I know there are no words to comfort you. All I can say is I'm so sorry. I will pray for God to grant you peace and comfort during this time.

Tammy said...

Heather,
I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. I wish there were words to take away your pain right now.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry. If only we could understand God's plan in this. We're praying for you.

Nate and Tina W

Loreen said...

Heather,

I am SO sorry to hear this sad news. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Loreen

Mrs.B said...

Heather and Family,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very, very sorry.

Tamara