Monday, April 28, 2008

Things aren't looking good :-(

The news coming out of Vietnam is not good. Things are about to shut down. There is an article that was put out today that says that Vietnam is not going to renew their agreement to the US to allow international adoptions in their country. Some of you have asked what this means for us. Honestly, we dont know yet. Things could suddenly turn around in Phu Tho, and they could release our documents so we could proceed, but that isn't realistic. They have not been cooperative up to this point, and I really doubt they will start now.What about another referral? Could we be offered another one before the cut off point? Not sure. It is a possibility, but I think it is a very slim one. There haven't been any referrals from our agency since ours in Nov. So things really aren't looking good for us, and the whole Vietnam adoption world. Please pray for us that we will have wisdom to know what to do, and what our next steps should be. We know that God is in complete control, and that His plan will be accomplished.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I hadn't seen Vietnam's response to the recent reports. Thanks for linking the article. Does this mean that instead of 9.1.08 as the referral cut off, Vietnam is saying the cutoff is 7.1.08? Can it get any worse? Maybe I shouldn't ask that question...

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Heather,know our prayers are with you.....Jill

Kate said...

I lift your family in prayer and hope that you find peace in God's Plan.

{{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

Heather, as always my prayers ar with you and your family. I hope things work out in PT so you can bring your little girl home.

K said...

This is so awful. I am praying for your family.

Anna said...

As long as there is an ounce of hope I am there with you Heather. I think about you and your baby a lot- you have amazing strength!

LittleJLo07 said...

With it all in God's hands, there is no need to worry. I know, it's easier said than done, but I am praying for you! Continue putting your full trust in Him and know He has a reason and a plan. He knows the bigger picture when we can't, doesn't that bring comfort?

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."

You have an amazing strength already, just think how strong your family will be after you bring Maya home! Your kids are literally watching God at work. :-)

Love you all and know I am praying!